Udaipur is one the major cities in Rajasthan and also is one of the best tourist destinations in India. The city has a rich historical background and also was the capital state of Mewar that was a princely state of Maharana Udai Singh. The city remained capital of Mewar until 1818 and after that it became a British princely state.
After India gained independence in 1947 it became a part of Rajasthan. Due to the rich historical background Udaipur is blessed with some of the best architecturally good forts and also various destinations that appeal to today’s youth. It is also famous for scenic destinations that are an enjoyable place for college groups. Though the city has various places to visit as a tourist but some of the best destinations for college groups are listed below:
- Gulab Bagh: the place houses the best natural aspect of Udaipur. It is the central place of Udaipur and also one of the most beautiful places to visit. The college groups would really enjoy the fresh air and the sheer serenity of the place. The two major attractions that would appeal to the college groups are the small train and Gulab Bagh Zoological Garden.
- Fateh Sagar: the city of Udaipur is not only famous for the forts but also for lakes and rivers. Fateh Sagar offers you an exemplary view. It is a great destination to spend some time with your friends just gazing at the beauty of the place. The place is so beautiful that even locals visit this place often. Also for the shopaholics in your group you can visit the nearby mumbaiya bazaar, which offers everything from clothes to some street food. This is a place where in a large college group can spend a complete day without being bored.
- Sajjan Garh : the fort was built in 1884 and is named after Maharaja Sajjan of Mewar Dynasty. The place is perfect for a college group. It will be like reliving history and what better way tpo enjoy history than with your friends. The place also is situated at a hilltop and thus offers a beautiful view of complete Udaipur. The scenery around the fort is just exemplary and the architecture of the fort is sure to grab your attention. Also the place is famous for the view of sunset that it offers. The Sajjan Garh is built as a wildlife sanctuary and thus many wild animals can be spotted.
- City Palace: the place is very beautifully built and is situated in the central Udaipur. The palace was built by Maharana Udai Singh and offers a great insight about the history of Rajasthan. A group of young minds would really find the palace to be intriguing for the sheer beauty of the place also what adds to the beauty is the fact that the palace is situated at the bank of Pichola Lake.
- Jag Mandir: this palace is situated on an Island in Lake Pichola and is one of the most beautiful palaces in whole Udaipur. The Fort has a rich history associated with it. The history is so intriguing that even the young minds of a college group will be mesmerized. It is said that the place was used to hide Shah Jahan from his Father Jahangir when he revolted against him. Also many historians believe that Shah Jahan took inspirations from the Architecture of the fort to build Taj Mahal.
Jag Mandir has been a popular destination for many film shootings and also offers a great deal of things to do. Tourists can do boating in lake Pichola and also they can visit the most famous part of Jag Mandir that is Gul Mahal. The is place is famous because this was the place where Shah Jahan lived with his wife Mumtaz and two sons Dara and Aurangzeb to take shelter from his father Jahangir.
Above listed are only a few destinations that are popular with the college groups visiting Udaipur. There are several other places in Udaipur that can be visited in a group. The scenic beauty of Udaipur never ceases to amaze the tourists visiting the place and also the place has that royal feel in the air.