Udaipur is one of the most beautiful and history rich city of Rajasthan and this has made it a major tourist attraction not only for India but for the complete world. Being a prominent part of the Mewar dynasty Udaipur is blessed with some of the best forts and palaces which appeal to the worldwide tourists.
Also,the topography of the place is such that it complements the overall beauty of the place. People from all over the world come here to experience history and royalty. Udaipur still has royalty in its veins and the fact to support it is that it still has royalty living in the forts. Sriji Arvind Kumar Singh Mewar is the present custodian of Udaipur and is a blood descendant of Maharana Pratap.
The royal families in Udaipur own a major number of forts and palaces that have now been converted into beautiful hotels and resorts. They not only have become a source of income for the royal families but also they provide a unique experience to the tourist who rent them. The visitors get to experience the royal lifestyle in these hotels and also can learn a great deal about the history of Udaipur by living in these palaces converted to hotels.
The custodian of Udaipur Sriji Arvind Kumar Singh Mewar inherits the city Palace situated centrally in Udaipur and he has opened the premises of the palace to public so that visitors can get a glimpse of the Indian royalty. Though there are numerous hotels that are scattered in and around Udaipur claiming to be the best but here is a short list of hotels that will definitely make it worth your while:
- Taj Lake Palace: this might be one of the oldest hotel on this list. This was built in 1746 for Maharaja Jagat Singh II and initially it was designed as a pleasure place for the Maharaja. After the Maharaja’s demise the place was restored and was converted into a hotel. The desing and elegance of the place is such that it has been used in many films. One of the biggest hit that was sot here was James bond’s Octopussy. The hotel is one of the grandest available in Udaipur. It has 66 rooms and 17 suites to cater the guests. The place is situated on the bank of lake Pichola and thus has an exemplary view.
- The Leela Palace: the hotel s one of the most luxurious ones in complete Rajasthan. The hotel has a romantic story which led to its inception. The hotel is named after the owner Late Cpt. Krishnan Nair’s soul mate Leela. Capt. Nair always wanted to offer people a place which would offer great hospitality and luxury to people thus he ended up makin The leela Palace. The place is a benchmark in the luxury and hospitality segment.
- The Oberoi Udaivilas: the hotel has one of the fines names associated with it when it comes to hospitality and luxury. The Oberois are famous for their excellent hospitality and over the top customer service and thus Udaivilas is no exception. The place has all the things that one would need to be pampered and also offers a breathtaking view from most of the rooms. The place is best known for its flamboyant Luxury and good food.
- Trident Hotel: this is one of the best situated hotels in Udaipur. Situated at the bank of Lake Pichola it is almost centrally situated and has all the famous destinations of Udaipur within its 5 mile radius. Since the hotel is situated on the bank of the lake there is no doubt that view is amazing here. The hotel has tried and integrated with the roots of Udaipur in terms of architecture and decoration. It has 137 rooms and 4 suites.
- Jaiwan Haveli: this might be one of the most affordable hotel on our list but do not fret by this because it has a spectacular lakeside view and elegant rooms that are designed to match with the rest of the Udaipur. The construction of the hotel is such that it resembles and old haveli and the staff here is really friendly and helpful.